Saturday, March 21, 2009

AIESEC

Yesterday I went to AIESEC talk about ‘Are You Positive?’…it’s about HIV….yesterday start at 9pm until 11pm…the girls group talk by Rie Kouchi form Japan while the boys group talk by Mia from Germany…we having a fun together…got game…I so happy during ice breaking that know each other because I try speak Japanese to ask her ‘tabemono no mare-shia dodesuka?’…mean how is Malaysia food?...she answer me oshii desu…mean taste good…lastly I study Japanese got use 1…haha…below I write was i like to share with you all…conclusion of yesterday talk…quite interesting…

Are You Positive?
HIV/AIDS Basic Information

HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus)
• Is a virus which slowly destroys the immune system, the part of your body that fights illnesses. So your body is likely to be infected by diseases easier.

AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome)
• Is the word used to describe the situation of poor health and illness that HIV positive person gets when the immune system becomes very weak, because of HIV

QQR – To examine how HIV is spread
• Quality: How good is the quality of HIV?
• Quantity: Is there many HIV in the certain fluid?
• Route: In which way does the virus enter the body?

HIV gets transmitted through:
• Blood, semen, vaginal secretion, breast milk

HIV enters the bloodstream through:
• Open cuts, breast in the skin, mucous membrane, direct injection

Test
• Only way to know HIV status
• Can do test at STI clinics, TB clinics, private primary healthcare hospital and clinics

Window Period
• The windows period is the length of time after infection that it takes for a person to develop enough specific antibodies that fight the HI Virus. When enough antibodies are developed, the HIV antibody test will come back positive. Each person’s body responds to HIV infection a little differently, so the window period varies slightly for person to person. It can take between 3-6 month, HIV is most commonly diagnosed in adolescents and adults through HIV antibody testing.

Protection:
• A – Abstain from sex ( do not have sex)
• B – Be faithful to you and your partner (one partner at one time)
• C – Use the condom

End….

They give us the link…www.areyoupositive-uum.blogspot.com…

Lastly, Rie was showing us how to use boy condom and girl too…lucky I not called to try to show it again after Rie had showed to us and ask us do again…the way to use…so dirty…

Conclusion, for me I think I learned to know about HIV a lot without reading…we talk to each other and play...so more understanding…thank a lot for Rie and Mia for having a fun and talk with us…

0 comments:

Post a Comment